Monday, April 12, 2010

Doh!


So I got up bright and early on Saturday morning to meet my friends and Shawnee Mission Park and get in a recovery 10 miles but apparently I hadn't consumed quite enough coffee before leaving the house. About 10 minutes from the trail I realized that I was wearing my Crocs and had no running shoes with me... DOH! I am the queen of shoes! I probably have 15+ pairs in various states of wear strewn from one end of my house to the other.... and not a single damn pair in the car. Sigh. So I called my friends and turned around at the next exit and headed home to put multiple pairs of shoes in my car.. to live there.. permanently.

5 comments:

Amy said...

lol. def a bummer! Ive been wearing my flip flops to runs then changing - and I keep worrying Im going to do the same thing!

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Had to laugh. I hate when I forget something and have to turn around, I'm usually already running late too. Glad you are shoe stocked for the future.

Where Chris Runs said...

Very funny....for some reason shorts always seem to be the thing that doesn't make it in to my bag!

Anonymous said...

I've done that same thing! I think it's the curse of Shawnee Mission Park.

Deanna Stoppler said...

too funny! i've almost done that before.