Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm such a wuss

I wussed out today..when I got up to run this morning it was 5 degrees with a wind chill of -13... fuck that! I'm so tired of cold weather, I usually don't mind winter but this year has been horrid. It may be that I've been outside, actually getting off my ass that has made it seem worse.. but really warmer weather can't come soon enough! Now someone remind me of this when I'm bitching about the 100 heat in July!

Yesterday was an interesting run.. just an easy 5 mile loop, but on the backside of the loop suddenly my bowels decided it was time to go.... NOW! There are no business open at 7 in the morning on Strawberry Hill so I had to do a funny butt clench run and sometime walk back to my house. Kinda ruined any enjoyment of the run. So I got home, shat 12 pounds and took Otis out for a 1.5 mile run. I've really been enjoying taking him on short runs through the 'hood.. I don't hold out any hope that he'll ever be a long distance runner (that damn propensity towards hip dysplasia), but he really seems to enjoy his runs. His tail is up and wagging up a storm the whole time and once in a while he gives a low quiet woof! We're working on the command "pay attention" since he has a tendancy to run into me sometimes and with his size I could go down real easily.

I ate an 8 pound bag of Cara Cara oranges yesterday and I could have eaten more if I had more...they are so freaking good! I also need the vitamin C since DH has got the yucky flu thing that has been being passed around. (knock wood) So far I feel fine!

No comments: