Thursday, February 28, 2008

Slippin' and Slidin'

Went out to Wyco park today and did some hill repeats and of course, it was muddy, but not as bad as the race was, thankfully. My calves were feeling pretty tight for the first 3 miles until I started doing hill repeats.. after that they felt great.. weird. My run yesterday was cut short due to shin problems so I was just thrilled to only have tightness and not pain anywhere. It was pretty darn nice, cloudy but in the upper 30's.. nice enough to take off my jacket while suffering on the hills. It's that time of the month for me and I feel pretty darn crappy, and since I have no intention of using my ovaries I wish there was a switch that could just shut off the period. I wish my body would sense that DH has been fixed and just give it up, it sure would make my life a hell of a lot easier. I realized the other day that the Free State marathon falls on the same day that I usually start my period... GRRRR!

So on the drive home from the park, there was a guy parked on the side of the road and he pulled out a big plastic bag and dumped out a ton of aluminum cans and then started stomping on them.... WTF? I can appreciate flattening your cans to save space... but randomly on the side of the road?? It made me laugh and shake my head, people are funny.

I ordered Running on the Sun from Amazon last week and it showed up today, so tonight after work, my ass will be planted on the couch. DH said he'd watch it with me.. which is both good and bad.. he already said he thinks Badwater is the stupidest thing ever and that sticking pins in your eyes sounds more sane. Now in some ways I can't blame him... if I hadn't been raised the daughter of an ultra runner would I think the same? No one in his family is even remotely athletic, in fact he failed gym in high school because he refused to wear shorts. In my family any athletic endeavor was fully encouraged and completely funded, I was very lucky. Actually I am still very lucky... thanks to Mom & Dad I got a Garmin 205 for Christmas... my favourite training partner!

No comments: