Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cool fire!


Last night a lightning strike ignited a petroleum storage tank a couple of miles from us which caused all sorts of cool flames and smoke to be visible all night. This morning on my run I figured I would see how close I could get.... not as close as I could have hoped, but the smell was pretty bad so it was probably best. Even 12 hours after it started there was still lots of leaping flames and thick billowy smoke, I wish I had brought my camera. The firefighters are just letting it burn itself out, they say it's better environmentally to do that. Really? I'm just really glad our house is upwind and a couple of miles away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow !!! What a picture! At first, I had thought it was a snapshot from Baghdad. After I read it, I realized it was where you live. Pretty scary!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew it! Zeus is a terrorist!

k