Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spit-take

This morning I had a real bonehead moment when I got back from my run. I must have still been in a "zone" because the first thing I did when I walked in the door was spit on the floor. WTF? At least it wasn't a snot rocket, but still! So classy.
It was a pretty run this morning, it was all sorts of foggy, so it looked like downtown KC, MO had totally disappeared. Knee hurt for the first mile or so but then loosened up, I would really like to be done with the pain all together. It's really starting to get old.

I found this picture of even- littler- me the other day, I must have been 8 or 9, Arbor Day 5k.. I can still remember how hot I was that morning. I was wearing a turtleneck, t-shirt and my oh-so-cool purple jogging suit, it had been cold when I started, but then got warm real quick. I wish now that I would have actually been serious about running back then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the look. it says "sure, i run, but i also hang out at the roller disco."

i do that spit thing, too. not in my house, but i hve busted myself doing it outside of running. oops. damn!

so if i have a timtam, will you cry?

Cynical Dirt Doll said...

OH MY GOD! GIMMEEE A TIM-TAM NOW! NOW!
(sorry, I'm calm now)
I have not had chocolate in over a year but if there were tim-tams and violet crumble in front of me, it would be an ugly situation.

I'm comforted to hear I'm not the only in-appropriate spitter.. now if I start blowing snot rockets at the mall, my husband may leave me.

Ben, aka BadBen said...

I've caught myself spitting while leaving the main office building at work.
Maybe it's psychological, and has something to do with how my day went at work, but I don't even realize that I've done it, until I've done it. Oops.
I shouldn't beat myself up too bad...at least I'm not peeing on the manicured landscaping.

Happy trails,
Bad Ben